Regularly scheduled meetings:
CVTP Action Night: 1st Thursday of the month in Fresno
Bakersfield: 4th Thursday of the month
Farmersville: 1st Thursday of the month
Fresno: Every Tuesday
Hanford: 2nd Thursday of the month
Madera: 3rd Tuesday of the month
Mariposa: 3rd Saturday of the month
Oakhurst: 2nd Thursday of the month
Porterville: 2nd Monday of the month
Prather: 1st Monday of the month
Reedley: 3rd Tuesday of the month
Tulare: 3rd Thursday of the month
See the Local Chapters and Meetings page or links above for more information.
The City of Fresno will be having a "visioning workshop" for the area around where the HSR station is planned to go.
- 4:00 p.m. Optional walking tour of the district will begin at the Fire Department Headquarters
- 5:30 p.m. Check-in to view exhibits in an open-house setting
- 6:00 p.m. Project presentation, followed by small breakout discussions
COMMON CORE PANEL DISCUSSION
We invite you to come and listen to an informed panel of four local citizens express their concerns about Common Core and equip you as parents and individuals to “train up your children in the way they should go…” (Proverbs 22:6). Common Core is the new set of federal educational standards and assessments that are currently being implemented in California and many other states. Dissent to Common Core continues to build across the nation. Our panel members will be:
- Horace (Rog) Lucido – A retired teacher who taught Physics and Mathematics for over 38 years in public, private and charter schools.
- Dean Lowe, PhD. – A retired businessman with experience in both public and private sectors.
- Jon Waara – Retired from agribusiness, Jon has been involved for many years in shedding light on public schools beginning with his undergrad days at FSU.
- Allison Martinez – An education major in college, Allison homeschooled her five children, the youngest who is attending a public high school. She is currently involved with ‘Parents Against Common Core’.
There will be time for questions after the panel presentation and instructions with materials on how to opt-out your children from assessments and data collection. This will be an excellent and very interesting discussion. We hope to see you there.
Thank you for your interest in CVSF and we look forward to seeing you at our monthly meeting. For more information, please visit our website.
Any questions, please call Cheri Risch at 559-385-1155.
April 28 May 26 June 23 July 28 August 25 Sept 22 Oct 27 Nov 17
Assemblywoman Shannon Grove will be speaking about political issues, winning, and leading at the Fresno County & City Republican Women Federated Club luncheon. See the Fresno County & City Republican Women Federated Club website for more information and to register.
Brooke Ashjian, Fresno Unified School District Board Member, will be the keynote speaker. He will be talking about vocational education.
Ben Carson will be the speaker.
Ticket levels are:
General admission (theater style seating)
VIP Banquet with photo opportunity
VIP Banquet table of 8
VIP Banquet Host
Contact the Sunbird Conservatives Alumni Association for details.
The Central Valley Tea Party will have a booth at Big Hat Days and we need volunteers. Please help us staff the booth.
Details regarding the location of the booth will be posted once it is assigned.
If you would like to volunteer, click here.
If you are concerned about the education of your children and grandchildren, or are in charge of educating students, please do not miss this important event. It's a rare opportunity to hear these renowned speakers tell us "the rest of the story" and why many are concerned.
The speakers will be:
- Bill Evers is a research fellow at Stanford University's Hoover Institution. He was an assistant U.S. Secretary of Education for planning, evaluation, and policy development from 2007 to 2009.
- Lance Izumi, JD is Koret Senior Fellow and Senior Director of Education Studies at the Pacific Research Institute for Public Policy. He is also a published author and served as a member of the California Community Colleges Board of Governors from 2004-2015.
- Ze'ev Wurman is a Senior Policy Adviser, U.S. Department of Education, 2009; he served as a commissioner on the California Academic Content Standards Commission that in 2010 evaluated the Common Core suitability for California adoption.
Johnny Tacherra will be kicking off his campaign to unseat Jim Costa with a fundraiser.