CENTRAL VALLEY STRATEGIC FORUM
Culture, Politics, and Transformation
THE DOMESTIC THREAT TO PARENTAL RIGHTS
During our Tuesday, April 22nd meeting, we will be discussing the current legal climate regarding parental rights. Recently, the Obama administration has boldly claimed that parents don’t have the legal right to choose their child’s education. In the last several years, Federal and State courts have ruled that parental rights DO NOT deserve the same protection as other fundamental rights such as freedom of speech.
For instance, under CURRENT LAW:
- Parents are blocked, in many states, from seeing their children’s medical records
- Parents have no say over their children once they enter the door of a public school
- Parents are not allowed to stop public schools from giving condoms to their children
However, there is hope! Come and learn what YOU CAN DO to halt the erosion of parental rights in the United States.
Also, we will hear from:
- Jon Keller, CEO of California Family Council, who will inform us on the latest California public policy issues.
- Guy Adams, Director of Heart of the Horse Therapy Ranch, who will share information about this organization.
7120 N Whitney
Fresno, CA 93720
Google map and directions