Central Valley Strategic Forum
Traditional Marriage Rally
NOTE: DATE TENTATIVE TO CHANGE BASED UPON TIMING OF SUPREME COURT RULING. STAY TUNED FOR CURRENT INFORMATION!
As soon as the Supreme Court of the United States announces its decision on Proposition 8, local leaders from the Fresno area faith community will present their responses. This ruling is one of the most important constitutional decisions in decades and its impact will affect our nation’s families and religious institutions for years to come. This is such an important issue, we hope to have a big crowd to make a positive stand in support of traditional marriage.
On the day of the ruling, sometime in the next two weeks, a rally in support of Prop 8 will be held at 12:00 PM at the Cornerstone Conference Center, 1525 Fulton Street, in Fresno. The following speakers will present their views about the Prop 8 decision and how it will affect their respective communities. This response has been organized by the Central Valley Strategic Forum.
- Jim Franklin, Pastor, Cornerstone Church
- Ron McClain, Executive Director, Healthy Marriage Coalition
- Phil Kell, President, California Baptist Foundation
- Vong Mouanoutoua, College Instructor
- Noel Stoker, Public Affairs Director – Fresno Area, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
- Tyrone Carter, Aphesis Ministries
- Cheri Risch, Educator, Prayer Ministry Leader
- Fr. Carlos Raines, Dean, St. James Anglican Cathedral
1525 Fulton St
Fresno, CA 93721
Google map and directions